Life dealt me a blow yesterday, a wake up call, so to speak. I began trying to force my way towards creating what I wanted and then, after lots of strong feelings and reflection – I was reminded of the poem Row row row your boat.
Row, row row your boat
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.
Let’s take a look… (maybe you agree with these distinctions and maybe you don’t). At any rate, it’s worth pondering these simple reminders.
- We are rowing OUR OWN boat… not someone else’s boat
- work on yourself
- work on your own experience
- don’t work on something / someone outside of yourself
- “Gently” “down the stream”
- gently follow the flow
- efferting is not suggested
- go down steam, not up stream
- Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
- be happy
- feel good
- There are 3 “row”s and 4 “Merrily”s
- play more than you work
- Life is but a dream
- to me, this means, life is what we choose – like a lucid dream.
- I wonder what that line could mean for you?